Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bald

On September 10 of 2011 I became a baldy.

Now I know what you're thinking. WHAT?? YOU'RE BALD NOW??

Hear me out.

When I would wash my hair it could just come out in my hands. About three days of doing this and shedding and just being completely hairy....

I had a shaving party. Stephanie and John Hruby came, Barbara and Mike Brand were there, my brothers Grant and Gunnar with their girlfriends Alyssa and Becca. And of course my Mother.

I had everyone, yes everyone, in that room help cut my hair down so that they could shave it. But after awhile all the women huddled in a corner and chatted while the men began to have, as my mother said, "Having way too much fun."

The men took over and began to shave my head.

Now most people wonder if I cried.

The answer is No.

I was so frustrated with my hair that I was smiling the entire time they were shaving my head.

Being bald has brought two things to my attention.

1. My head gets really cold now.

2. I finally look like one of my brothers... Cameron.

It's a strange thing to be called the odd one out of your family... and suddenly your family is telling you, you look like one of your brothers.

I've entered a world I never thought I'd ever enter.

The world of looking like one of your siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment