Monday, October 3, 2011

Man's Best Friend.

If any of you feel like you have no one to come home to or there's no one that loves you,

Get a dog.

Now before you go, "But they're so expensive and they smell and they poop and pee!!" let me give you my reasons.

I have a miniature Schnauzer and for many years I could've sworn she hated me. Granted I teased her and was a foolish child when I was younger so I don't blame her.

But every time, every time I came home from the hospital. Elli would cry and couldn't get close to me. This simple act of seeing her crying and snuggling into me, shows the purest kind of love.

Dogs know love. They show it through their steadfast loyalty and the way they are there for you. They can sense when you're sad, crying, angry, happy, and content. They just know.

The best example of this I can think of is my dog Piper.

Piper was a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.

She was my best friend.

She could look at you with her big brown eyes and you could just see how much she loved you.

She would always come up to you when you were sad and just sit with you.

She would lick my brother's hair.

And she taught my mom how to deal with cancer.

I followed Piper perfectly for medical problems.

She had pancreatitis.

Random fevers.

Throw up randomly.

Be up and down.

And most importantly.

She had Lymphoma Cancer.

But sadly Piper didn't make it.

We had to put her down.

And just like my dad, I miss her every single day.

She was so sweet and I remember how hard she cried when I came home from the hospital for Pseudo Tumor Cerbri. She jumped so high and she barked so loud.

Dogs are the best comfort.

I remember when I was in the hospital for those awful 16 days. They brought in dogs for me to pet and see.

When they left I bawled like a little child. I missed my dogs so much and wanted nothing more to see them and cuddle them.

So, if you're alone and need someone to tell you everyday that they love you.

Need you.

Depend on you.

Get a dog. I promise you, you won't regret it if you get the right dog.

Annika Severts.

No comments:

Post a Comment