Friday, September 9, 2011

A Brief Phone Call

I'm in the fourth day of being in the hospital because of my sodium levels are dangerously low. Nothing has really helped and I've thrown up more this week than I ever really wanted to in the first place.

To be honest I'm pretty miserable but my family and friends keep me company through this rough time.

So far nothing really funny has happened in my hospital visit.

Nice things have happened like having the same people from my first chemotherapy session.

And having my legs and back rubbed by the adorable Becca. ((Gunnar's Girlfriend))

and all the popsicles I wanted. But no more. I'm being dehydrated again. Nnh. I hate it.

So the only thing really worth blogging about is a phone call from my hospital room today.

"Hello this is Annika."


It was an 59-65 year old woman by her voice.


"Who?"


"Annika Severts?"


"This isn't 333-3333 right?"


I don't remember the number she repeated back to me so I changed it.


"This is a hospital room."


"Is she in the hospital again?"


"I don't know. I'm a patient here."


"Oh hell. I'm so sorry for bothering you. They gave me this number as her cell phone. Sorry. Try to have a nice day."


"It's okay. Have a nice day too."

Thank you strange lady for calling me and making me smile and have something to blog about.

Annika Severts

3 comments:

  1. Was it area-code 333, too? Because that's halfway to 666. And then she did say, "Oh hell..."

    Sorry you're not feeling well. We're rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typed in a random number since I forgot what she told me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just having a little fun. I thought you were protecting the innocent with the 3s.

    ReplyDelete